Sunday, September 7, 2008

So what's this "mod·ern do·mes·tic ma·ma" all about ?

I'm glad you asked! Some questions you might be asking and some awesome answers!


Who are you?

I like to think of myself as current, contemporary, and somewhat trendy. I will admit that most days, especially the days I don’t go anywhere, my outfit includes some form of elastic. I understand that elastic isn't necessarily considered “cool” but then again, I know a whole lot of moms wearing yoga pants around the house, so…I do believe elastic may have to be discussed in length in a later post!

The point, is that I consider myself to be a “modern” kind of gal, but at the same time I have been known to make a jar of jam or two (or actually like 75), dabble in some sewing, use some crafty skills, and cook just about anything and everything for fun. Apparently this makes me somewhat of a genius among some of my friends. I am of course flattered by this, yet a little concerned at the same time if I am the definition of genius!

Why this blog is titled “Modern Domestic Mama?”

I suppose you could call me a “modern domestic mama,” hence the title of this blog. I admit that I enjoy doing certain domestic tasks, creating things, and cooking yummy food. I think a lot of the projects I complete and recipes I make are a little bit of talent mixed with a whole lot of common sense. Therefore, I think any mom can do what I do with a little coaching, a little direction, and a little “you can do it! Ra! Ra! Ra!”

“Modern Domestic Mama” is for all moms. It is for the moms that are looking for new ideas or ways to change the same old way of doing things. It is for the moms that wish they could be “domestic” or wish they knew how to cook but have no clue where to start. It is for the moms that think that it is fun to read what other moms are doing. It is for the mom that is thinking, “I wish I knew how to…” It is for the moms that think I am a genius, and will think that no longer once they see that much of what I do is quite simple!

What are you going to post?

So here’s the scoop. I have lots of ideas running around in my ADD, overactive imagination about what I want to share with you! Some topics off the top of my head: Lots of “how tos,” from frosting a birthday cake, to making leg warmers, to making yogurt, to making homemade games and activities for your children, to ideas for indoor fun with the kiddos when the weather gets crazy cold! And sometimes we might post something to give you a good read or a little comic relief. Perhaps your baby has jumped off your bed recently and made you feel like a bad mom, and hearing how I have let Isla fall off the bed 5 times will make you feel better! These are just a few of the topics we will explore. And when I say “we” I mean myself, and my favorite mom counterparts that have mad skills in a variety of domestic and creative areas. I am just getting excited thinking about all the creativity and domesticity! Hooray. So let’s get this show on the road and get this domestic party started. Are you with me?

3 comments:

Michele said...

i'm with you! lead the way and i will be happy to post too :o)

Alli and Phil said...

Yay! Ra ra ra

Joy said...

count me in!