Thursday, September 11, 2008

For the love of Starbucks; recipe

As most people know, i love Starbucks! If i had my way in life i would own a Starbucks so i could practically live there to get my drinks handed to me on my whim ;-) However, and sadly, i do not own a Starbucks so i have to pay just like everyone else. Recently my husband left his nice steady paying job... for a less steady paying job to be his own boss. We support him 100% in his choice; however, my Starbucks budget went out the window! And i am now forced (forced seems like a harsh word, but it seems to work in my mind lol) to get my favorite drink(s) once a week instead of every single day.

I have adjusted to making my own tea and my own drinks so much that i am now searching around for recipes to keep making my own at home and get it to the point of "Starbucks perfect". It still doesn't beat walking in the door and them making it for me, but i am saving a lot of money.

Cold-Brewed Ice Coffee
New York Times
Yield: Two drinks
1/3 cup ground coffee (medium-coarse grind is best)
Milk (optional)

1. In a jar, stir together coffee and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight or 12 hours.
2. Strain twice through a coffee filter, a fine-mesh sieve or a sieve lined with cheesecloth. In a tall glass filled with ice, mix equal parts coffee concentrate and water, or to taste. If desired, add milk.

(Michele is a creative and innovative mama with mad art skills and she is the PTA Prez. She has one amazing daughter Claire)

No comments: